At approximately 13:50 on May 5th, 2017, the Red County Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire at Blueberry Apartments. Red County Fire Department Chief Boden responded with Engine-11 while another crew responded on Engine-12, upon arrival the apartment complex had flames shooting out the doors of Apartment 7. With the assistance of San Andreas State Police Emergency Services Unit, the RCFD quickly gained control of the fire.
After most ESU members cleared and while investigating the fire, there was a reported smell of gas coming from the apartment and suddenly the apartment became engulfed in flames once again. Chief Boden quickly retreated and ran outside and met with ESU Firefighter Chris Diaz. The 2 man crew went back into offensive mode and started attacking the fire when the roof above came crashing down on both firefighters and pinning them. After ESU Firefighters Kyle Sanford and Anthony Caetano and Fire Captain Duncan Mcmillan heard the apartment relit, they quickly returned to the scene and found both Boden and Diaz trapped under 2 meters of rubble.
They quickly removed the rubble and the firefighters from the scene found out that Chief Boden was not conscious and was not breathing. Units on scene attempted CPR but Chief Boden succumbed to the injuries he sustained and was declared deceased at 15:03.
The Red County Fire Department Arson Task Force is investigating the fire and at this time are confirming it is suspicious in nature. RCFD ATF is looking for a White Male with long hair last seen wearing a gray shirt and black vest and driving a Blue Wayfarer. If you have any information related to the case, please contact the Fire Department Information line ((/call 911, Ask for Fire and click Assist Public)). You may be eligible for a reward up to $2,500 if your information is used to bring a suspect into custody.
Red County Fire Department
Lulu Woodard · Published May 11, 2017 · SAN Network
San Andreas State Police Job Fair
Published and edited by Mercedes Montana for County Radio on 6th May 2017
Preparations for the San Andreas State Police job fair began well in advance as tables and fencing were laid out and pitched beside the grassy area beside the Montgomery gas station. With local produce from local Red County farms and hot & cold food stands made readily available, the residents of Red County were in for a treat.
The job fair line up saw the likes of the San Andreas State Police, the Red County Fire Department, Elite Trucking, SAN Network, Casa Blanca Casino, Argent Aerospace, local farmers and us, County Radio; all of which received their very own stall to showcase their organizations to the Red County residents.
Both Argent Aerospace and SAN Network received special care to ensure their vehicles were brought to the ground safely, with Deputy Director of Public Affairs Elena Green marking locations with flares for the pilots.
Premium parking was also on offer with many thanks to local business Casa Blanca's who offered up their secure parking for a small fee. Fresh produce was also free for everybody at the fair, including fresh milk from Wendy the cow which could be seen by the produce table.
An interesting addition to the fair saw the San Andreas State Police bomb disposal robot, known as Explosives Ordinance Disposal (EOD) which is part of the ESU unit.
All in all the event was a success, with the weather holding out for the duration, the fair saw crowds of residents taking part and browsing through all the stalls and discovering more about the businesses that help build the economy in Red County. And it wouldn't have been a Red County without County Radio, who showcased a handful of our six DJ's, from DJ Mercy, DJ Legacy and DJ RockMP with DJ Meek joining our table later that evening.
Version 2.5 is now live on the server, click a box below to expand the changes.
• Corrected an issue which may have given certain players godmode after a bugged death.
• Corrected an issue where players could not set their age below 16.
• Fixed a bug that caused exterior furniture items to get stuck in old furniture positions inside of the corresponding house.
• Fixed a bug where /fishes could not be used while a player had a fish spam timer.
• Fixed a bug where /lockgarage didn't work inside of custom garage interiors.
• Fixed a bug where account online status could be stuck as online even when a player was offline, preventing them from logging in.
• Fixed a bug where corpses could be lit on fire multiple times.
• Fixed a bug where duplicated furniture objects wouldn't reassign textures to the correct slots.
• Fixed a bug where faction vehicles couldn't be retrieved from the impound properly after a server restart.
• Fixed a bug where incorrect businesses were marked as mall businesses.
• Fixed a bug where local /r and /dr messages could be seen when a player was in a vehicle with the windows rolled up.
• Fixed a bug where newly purchased vehicles could be duplicated.
• Fixed a bug where players could go /afk while using a payphone, allowing them to run around while using the payphone upon returning.
• Fixed a bug where players could whisper to other players inside of vehicles with the windows up.
• Fixed a bug where server vehicles could be resprayed by mechanics.
• Fixed a bug where the FD trucking route would guide the player to the incorrect location.
• Fixed a bug where vehicle /recharge restrictions would only check player owned cars.
• Fixed a few bugs with loading player car data after retrieving vehicles from the impound lot or repair garage.
• Fixed an exploit which allowed factions to rig weapon crate requests until more rare weapons showed up.
• Fixed an exploit with drugs stored in faction lockers.
• Fixed bugs where players could unfreeze themselves when downed.
• Fixed issue where players could get autobanned for shooting weapons under special circumstances.
• Fixed some issues with unlocking businesses from the outside.
• Hopefully fixed a bug where the driveby script wouldn't teleport the player back into the vehicle due to silly code logic.
• /alias will now save to player accounts and reapply once logging back in until a player has removed the alias.
• /ame will now automatically capitalize the first letter of the player's command input.
• /factiononline and /members should now be more efficient and less bugged.
• /payfurn preference now saves.
• /pickupallf will now pick up and destroy all weed plants.
• /rollwindows now supports each window independently. Each passenger can now manipulate their own window while the driver/passenger can control all windows.
• /siren has been adjusted to be more efficient and make it easier to add new sirens.
• /stats and disconnect messages will now show a player's packet loss.
• /trunk can no longer be used while downed.
• Added a non emergency option to 911 calls.
• Added deletion causes and timestamps to weapons which will make it easier for admins to find out why a player's weapons were deleted for refund requests and etc.
• Adjust damage callbacks to add better hit registration on people inside of vehicles.
• All of the exterior furniture commands have been merged into normal house furniture commands. (/ebuyf -> /buyf, etc)
• An invisible platform will now be created at the location a player is about to be teleported to in order to prevent people from falling through streamed objects.
• Any phone or weapon that is dropped when the server restarts will now be deleted.
• Boombox streams will now only cancel when a player enters a vehicle if the car has an audio stream playing itself.
• Eating food will no longer restore HP if a player has lethal wounds.
• Faction leaders can now adjust the rank required to take items from their faction lockers (/setlockerrank).
• Faction lockers will now create a pickup where they are set.
• Made a handful of internal optimizations related to interacting with houses, businesses, garages, motels and static interiors from the outside.
• Made many optimizations to the furniture system, house system, business system, static interiors and garage system.
• Phone owner names will now only be updated upon namechange when the creator is still in possession of the phone.
• Phone storage has been redone and is now more efficient. Multiple phones can now be stored in properties as well.
• Players can no longer be dragged while AFK.
• Players will now be automatically kicked if they do not log in to their accounts within 30 seconds.
• Purchasing new clothing items now uses the model selection menu rather than the old scrolling system.
• Raised the maximum amount of textures per furniture item from 3 to 5.
• Reduced the stream distance of exterior furniture objects to 100 meters. (was 200)
• Removed player names/stranger IDs from /knock.
• Rewrote sending shout/megaphone messages into buildings again. The feature should be far more efficient now and less buggy as well.
• The /members dialog has been redone to look cleaner and provide a member's last login date as well.
• The briefcase system has been removed.
• The inactive property wipe will now check every 15 minutes for inactive users instead of once a day at a fixed time to prevent people from camping the Silver Trading office for the property wipe. The property wipe has also been optimized and now executes 2.5x as fast.
• Added /my.
• Added /vattachments which will allow players to attach up to 5 miscellaneous objects to their vehicles.
• Added a brand new interior to the Dillimore Police Department which consists of ~5,000 objects.
• Added a graffiti system which will allow scripted gangs to add graffiti tags around the map.
• Added an experimental bus bot that will complete the server's bus route 24/7. The bus driver sidejob has been removed. Note: this change is experimental and subject to change at any given time.
• Added orange sirens for multiple cars in Elite Trucking.
• Added storage to businesses which behaves exactly like house storage, only used with bizz as a prefix instead of house.
• Houses may now have back doors attached to them which can be entered and exited. Any lead admin can set the cords and activate house back doors.
• Players may now input custom textures onto house furniture.
• Textures can now be applied to exterior house furniture.
Lulu Woodard · Published May 3, 2017 · SAN Network
Copyright © San Andreas News Network 1959-2017